Banana Honey Tea Bread
- 1LB bananas
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 8 oz. self-rising flour
- grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1.4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 8 tbs. Thick honey
- 4 oz. butter
- 8 sugar cubes (or equivalent) optional
- Grease a 2 lb. Loaf tin.
- Peel the bananas, then mash the flesh using a fork. Mix the flour, salt and nutmeg together. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar, lemon rind, eggs and 6 tbs. Of the honey. Beat well until evenly mixed and then place in loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 ¼ hours, covering lightly if necessary. Test with a toothpick to be sure that it's done.
- Cool slightly, then turn out on to a wire rack to finish cooling. Warm the remaining honey and brush over the tea bread. Crush the sugar cubes and sprinkle over the top of the bread. Goes well with a light, mild liquor tea.
© 2007 Teas Etc., Inc
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beth Johnston, a tea importer and noted tea expert, publishes an informative monthly newsletter on tea, tea history, health and lifestyle enhancements. To learn more about the world of tea, join her free newsletter at http://www.TeasEtc.com/Newsletter.asp
or visit http://www.TeasEtc.com
This article, including the copyright and "About the Author" section, may be freely reprinted online in its complete and unaltered form provided you send a copy or link
of the reprint to us.
LEARN MORE ABOUT TEA
Read Beth's Tea Blog