We NEVER share, sell or disclose ANY of your personal information
Here is what we gather and how we use that information;
1. The information collected
on our site is only used by us
. We never sell, barter, trade or in any manner disclose any of your personal information.
2. Newsletter subscriptions
- we publish a monthly newsletter and take subscriptions via our website. We collect the following information;
- First name
- Primary e-mail address
- Zip code
In addition, we also collect, at the option of the user, information that let's us know what type of teas and/or educational programs they are interested in. This information is used solely for relevant communication based on the users selections.
Our Newsletters are fully Opt-In and can be easily Opt-out or unsubscribed
. Should you need to unsubscribe at any time please send us
the subscribed e-mail address and a note to be unsubscribed
3. Accounts or registration
- users may open accounts or register with our website. We collect the following information;
- Postal address
It is not necessary to register or open an account to browse the site.
- we collect the following information when processing an order
- Complete billing address
- Complete shipping address if different from billing address
- e-mail address
- Phone number
- Financial information (account or credit card information)
- Products purchased
- IP address
This above information is used to process the order, including payment, shipping and if necessary communication to clarify any order details. We do not use this information to market to users unless they have subscribed to our newsletter. We use shipping addresses, products purchased and IP address for internal marketing and demographic analysis and research.
- our site used two types of cookies - one is necessary and one is not.
- There is a session cookie. The session cookie let us know which shopping cart belongs to which user. This cookie is stored in memory and not in the user's PC, it will expire after 20 minutes of inactivity or when the user closes the browser.
- There is another optional cookie that stores the registered user's id. This allows the website to recognize existing users, greet them and pre-fill their data during the checkout process - except credit card data. There is no problem if the user doesn't accept this cookie or it gets deleted.
NO additional data, financial information, product purchases or personal information is stored in cookies for security reasons.
6. Secure Transmission of Data
- all personal and financial information is encrypted by Verisign and transmitted via our secure server.
7. We give users the freedom to change or delete the information we have
on file. If you need to unsubscribe to our Newsletter, change your information or would prefer to have it deleted from our system, please contact us.
8. If you have any questions about our privacy statement, please contact us.